Vonda K. Vaughn has exclusively handled family cases since 1998. Before joining The Gitlin Law Firm, Attorney Vaughn practiced for six years in one of the largest matrimonial law firms in Cook County. After relocating to McHenry County she practiced for an additional five years as a well respected McHenry County Law Firm. Attorney Vaughn is a graduate of The John Marshall Law School (1993) and the University of Illinois (1990). Attorney Vaughn is active in the McHenry County Bar Association having served as President. She has served as Vice-President of the McHenry County Bar Association. Attorney Vaughn is also active in the community serving on the board of Friendship House daycare facility and as Vice-President of Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of McHenry County, a non-profit organization dedicated to representing abused and neglected children in the McHenry County court system. In 2012, Attorney Vaughn became a Fellow of the Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois and International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
Leading Lawyers Network: Attorney Vaughn was selected by Leading Lawyers Network in 2015 by survey of peers of Illinois’ lawyers based upon experience, reputation and legal skills in the area of Family Law. Law Bulletin Publishing Company.
- President, McHenry County Bar Association, 2012 – 2013
- 1st Vice President, McHenry County Bar Association, 2011 – 2012
- 2nd Vice President, McHenry County Bar Association, 2010 – 2011
- Secretary, McHenry County Bar Association, 2009 – 2010
- Treasurer, McHenry County Bar Association, 2008 – 2009
- Vice President, McHenry County Bar Association Family Law Section, 2009 – 2012. Treasurer MCBA Family Law Section 2012.
- DePaul University of Chicago Center for Dispute Resolution
- Certificate of Professional Achievement in Family & Divorce Mediation Training
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Vice President 2010 – 2011
- Board Member 2008 – 2011
- Friendship House Day Care Center Board Member 2008 – present
- Head of Team Managers and Cheer Coordinator for Huntley Youth Football League, 2015.