Clients often ask how to tell if his or her spouse is considering or preparing for a divorce. Although everybody’s situation is unique, our divorce lawyers have noticed some of the following signs can indicate that a spouse is considering divorce.
The Handwriting for a Divorce may be on the wall when:
- Your spouse says: “I was never in love with you.”
- Your spouse does not let you see the cell phone bills or credit card bills.
- His briefcase is locked. He keeps the trunk of the car locked and the keys to the car are always in his control.
- She started to buy lingerie from, say La Perla, Victoria’s Secret, etc., she lost a great deal of weight and is vigorously working out.
- He is taking off weight, working out, changed his cologne, changed his wardrobe, is wearing macho jewelry such as gold neck chains and wrist chains.
- Sexual activity between you and your spouse has ceased, or has greatly diminished.
- Your spouse does not come directly home from work, and sometimes your spouse does not come home until early hours of the morning.
- You find a lawyer’s business card in your spouse’s purse/wallet.
- You notice that the personal items that are the closest to your spouse, like photographs, jewelry or family heirlooms, are no longer in the house.
- It is time to see a divorce lawyer when your spouse . . .
- Cleans out the joint account.
- Cancels you on the credit cards.
- Moves out of the marital home.