The Gitlin Law Firm Attorneys
The Gitlin Law Firm exclusively handles Divorce and Family Law Cases
Each lawyer of The Gitlin Law Firm has been named as a Leading Lawyer in Illinois.
Attorney Stephanie A. Kasten joined The Gitlin Law Firm in February 2005, in 2013 became a Fellow of the AAML and in 2015 was also named as an Illinois Leading Lawyer. Her practice has been limited to family law for the past sixteen years.
The lawyers at The Gitlin Law Firm are more familiar with family law than lawyers who do not limit their practice. Concentrating the practice also increases a lawyer’s efficiency in handling a case–as it is likely that a similar case was handled before.
Our Strategic Advantage
- Cutting-edge legal knowledge.
- Team approach.
- Focus on reaching cost-effective, fair settlements including Collaborative Divorce and Traditional Divorce.
- We become informed about the details of your case to fully represent you better.
- Our office is conveniently located close to the McHenry County Courthouse.
- For work in other nearby counties we couple with what we consider the best and most cost-effective local counsel to best represent you.
Most firms handle only traditional adversarial representation. Baruch’s Observation states: “When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.” So, when a lawyer only knows about traditional adversarial representation, generally this is the only approach that the lawyer will suggest. There are cases appropriate for adversarial representation and cases appropriate for collaborative representation.
All the lawyers of The Gitlin Law Firm have been trained as collaborative professionals (Fellows of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals) and have significant experience in adversarial representation. Each of the lawyers of The Gitlin Law Firm is a seasoned trial lawyer. Accordingly, the lawyers of The Gitlin Law Firm will be able to give the pros and cons as to the type of representation that is appropriate.
The Gitlin Law Firm combines experience, knowledge, and advocacy.