The Gitlin Law Firm’s main office is in Woodstock, Illinois, the county seat of McHenry County, Illinois. We are a preeminent divorce and family law, having written our book: Gitlin on Divorce: A Guide to Illinois Family Law. Woodstock was originally Centerville, Illinois because it is the geographic center of McHenry County. The Gitlin Law Firm serves the following cities and villages in McHenry County: Crystal Lake, Harvard, Marengo, McHenry, and Woodstock. It also includes Algonquin, Bull Valley, Cary, Hebron, Holiday Hills, Huntley, Johnsburg, Lake in the Hills, Lakewood, McCullom Lake, Oakwood Hills, Prairie Grove, Richmond, Ringwood, Spring Grove, Trout Valley, Union and Wonder Lake.
The Gitlin Law firm concentrates its practice on family law issues. This means that we handle divorce, custody (now called parenting time), alimony (maintenance), child support, business valuation in divorce cases, etc.
McHenry County, Illinois Local Links re Divorce and Paternity Issues:
- General Information Regarding Divorce in McHenry County: https://www.mchenrycountyil.gov/county-government/departments-a-i/circuit-clerk/civil-information/divorce
- Focus on Kids Parenting Class Information: http://www.mchenry.edu/focusonkids/index.asp
- Online Forms for McHenry County, Illinois: https://www.mchenrycountyil.gov/county-government/departments-a-i/circuit-clerk/online-services/court-forms
- E-filing from McHenry County Clerk: https://www.mchenrycountyil.gov/county-government/departments-a-i/circuit-clerk/online-services/e-filing: McHenry County uses both Odyssey and I2file electronic filing systems
- Attorney Access Portal:
- https://www.mchenrycountyil.gov/county-government/departments-a-i/circuit-clerk/attorney-information/attorney-access-portal: Free McHenry County Attorney Access Portal
- Attorney Access Portal: Mobile Version
- Local Court Rules for McHenry County, Illinois: http://www.mchenrycountyil.gov/home/showdocument?id=21691
- Divorce and Paternity Rules for McHenry County: https://www.mchenrycountyil.gov/home/showdocument?id=89339
- Judges McHenry County: https://www.mchenrycountyil.gov/county-government/courts/22nd-judicial-circuit/judiciary-judicial-assignments
Since December 1, 2018 and until further notice the following changes occurred in the Domestic Division:
1) Judge Nader: Wednesdays
2) Judge Coppedge: Tuesdays
3) Judge Facchini: Thursdays
Orders of Protection:
All OPs: Judge Nader
Judge Coppedge: All AG cases previously heard in room 365.