In addition to the many articles that The Gitlin Law Firm publishes in legal journals and other publications, Gunnar J. Gitlin writes or edits two of Illinois leading publications:
Gitlin on Divorce: A Guide to Illinois Matrimonial Law by Gunnar J. Gitlin
The new, Fourth Edition of Gitlin on Divorce: A Guide to Illinois Family Law completes the rewrite of the preeminent book on Illinois divorce law. In the last five years, almost all of Illinois family law has changed—and in many ways radically. This started in 2015 with the Illinois maintenance guidelines. 2016 brought us the rewritten Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act (nearly a decade in the making). 2017 then brought us complex income-shares legislation, effective July 1, 2017. And in both 2018 and 2019 we had new sets of maintenance amendments that have reshaped maintenance awards under our maintenance guidelines (and made changes to how child support is determined).
Gitlin on Divorce is the authority on Illinois divorce law, cited consistently by the appellate courts. Gunnar J. Gitlin uses his 30 years of family-law experience to provide practical commentary and analysis for the any Illinois lawyer handling divorce cases. In this conveniently organized three-volume set, Mr. Gitlin examines every provision of the Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act in its conceptual framework and directs you to relevant case law interpreting each statute—all to help you in your day-to-day practice.
Attorneys can confidently turn to Gitlin on Divorce for seasoned analysis in a from-the-trenches style—with comprehensive coverage, practice tips, and court-tested forms all focused on the realities of Illinois family law practice.
Gitlin’s Illinois Annotated Family Practice Desktop Code–2019-20 Edition
Gitlin’s Illinois Annotated Family Practice Desktop Code, 2019-20 edition, contains the statutory subjects that are significant to the practice of Illinois divorce law and much more. It includes the full text of the various family-law statutes including casenote annotations. It includes:
- 750 ILCS 5/ Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act. 750 ILCS 5/101 to 750 ILCS 5/802
- 750 ILCS 10/ Illinois Uniform Premarital Agreement Act. 750 ILCS 10/1 to 750 ILCS 10/11
- 750 ILCS 16/ Non-Support Punishment Act. 750 ILCS 16/1 to 750 ILCS 16/999
- 750 ILCS 22/ Uniform Interstate Family Support Act. 750 ILCS 22/100 to 750 ILCS 22/999
- 750 ILCS 28/ Income Withholding for Support Act. 750 ILCS 28/1 to 750 ILCS 28/999
- 750 ILCS 30/ Emancipation of Minors Act. 750 ILCS 30/1 to 750 ILCS 30/11
- 750 ILCS 36/ Uniform Child-Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act. 750 ILCS 36/101 to 750 ILCS 36/405
- 750 ILCS 45/ Illinois Parentage Act of 2016. 750 ILCS 45/1 to 750 ILCS 45/28
- 750 ILCS 60/ Illinois Domestic Violence Act of 1986. 750 ILCS 60/101 to 750 ILCS 60/401.