In addition to the many articles that The Gitlin Law Firm publishes in legal journals and other publications, Gunnar J. Gitlin contributes to two main publications:
Gitlin on Divorce: A Guide to Illinois Matrimonial Law by Gunnar J. Gitlin:
The 4th Edition of Gitlin on Divorce: A Guide to Illinois Matrimonial Law is a 3-volume book that exhaustively examines each provision of the Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act needed by Illinois family lawyers and judges. It is also available in ebook format. Gunnar J. Gitlin examines exhaustively each provision of the Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act in its conceptual framework and direct you to relevant case law interpreting the statute. Gitlin on Divorce: A Guide to Illinois Family Law contains a complete set of practice forms developed by Gunnar Gitlin. The new edition was comprehensively rewritten in 2016 and 2017 in light of the 2016 overhaul to Illinois’ divorce laws as well as the 2017 maintenance amendments.
Gitlin’s Illinois Annotated Family Practice Desktop Code
Gitlin’s Illinois Annotated Family Practice Desktop Code, 2017 edition, contains the statutory subjects that are significant to the practice of Illinois divorce law and much more. It includes the full text of the various family-law statutes including casenote annotations. Statutes include:
- 750 ILCS 5/ Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act. 750 ILCS 5/101 to 750 ILCS 5/802
- 750 ILCS 10/ Illinois Uniform Premarital Agreement Act. 750 ILCS 10/1 to 750 ILCS 10/11
- 750 ILCS 16/ Non-Support Punishment Act. 750 ILCS 16/1 to 750 ILCS 16/999
- 750 ILCS 22/ Uniform Interstate Family Support Act. 750 ILCS 22/100 to 750 ILCS 22/999
- 750 ILCS 28/ Income Withholding for Support Act. 750 ILCS 28/1 to 750 ILCS 28/999
- 750 ILCS 30/ Emancipation of Minors Act. 750 ILCS 30/1 to 750 ILCS 30/11
- 750 ILCS 36/ Uniform Child-Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act. 750 ILCS 36/101 to 750 ILCS 36/405
- 750 ILCS 45/ Illinois Parentage Act of 2016. 750 ILCS 45/1 to 750 ILCS 45/28
- 750 ILCS 60/ Illinois Domestic Violence Act of 1986. 750 ILCS 60/101 to 750 ILCS 60/401.