The Gitlin Law Firm list of links related to court websites and forms in the Chicago suburbs including Kane County, Lake County, McHenry County and DuPage County. This list is focused on those links important for divorce and parentage cases.
16th Judicial Circuit – DeKalb, Kane and Kendall Countiesmore links
Kane County Circuit Court Clerk
Family Law Local Rules in Kane County
DeKalb County Online Forms
17th Judicial Circuit – Winnebago and Boone Countymore links
Search Court Records
Winnebago County now has online access to court documents (need Java to work).
Local Rules – 17th Jud. Cir.
- Family Law Local Rules of 17th Judicial Circuit
- Boone County Web Site
- Search Boone County Court Records An excellent tool to keep up to date regarding the status of cases in Boone County.
18th Judicial Circuit – DuPage County
19th Judicial Circuit – Lake County, Illinoismore links
Lake County General Information re Divorce from Clerk of the Court
Local Rules Lake County, Illinois:
- Lake County Family Law Forms
- General Information re Mediation in Lake County
- List of Lake County Custody Evaluators (2021)
- Word Document re Family Law Mediators (June 2021)
- Family Parenting Program Registration for Lake County
- Lake County Guide to Family Law Cases: This is a very basic guide and was somewhat out of date even when finally approved due to the changes in the local rules.
22nd Judicial Circuit, McHenry County, Illinoismore links
Local Rules McHenry County, Illinois
- Judicial Assignments
- Divorce Information and Parenting Class / McHenry County College Web-Page re Parenting Class
- Electronic Filing: https://www.co.mchenry.il.us/county-government/departments-a-i/circuit-clerk/online-services/e-filing (Current as of 1/1/18).
- FAQ re Mediation in McHenry County
- McHenry County Family Law Forms
- McHenry County Illinois Mediators
Cook County Local Family Law Rules (Domestic Relations Division)
Electronic Filing Rules Statewide
Illinois has now adopted electronic filing statewide for civil cases for all courts. The Order had mandated that effective January 1, 2018, all civil cases shall be e-filed in the trial courts. Also effective January 1, 2018, e-filing shall be mandated through eFileIL in 87 counties not exempted by the Supreme Court’s Order.