The Gitlin Law Firm: Providing Exceptional Divorce & Family Law Services
When selecting a lawyer to represent you in your family law case, you want a lawyer with the knowledge, experience and skill to guide you through these difficult times. The Gitlin Law Firm literally wrote the book on Illinois divorce law with Gitlin on Divorce: A Guide to Illinois Matrimonial Law: written by Gunnar J. Gitlin and H. Joseph Gitlin. Gunnar Gitlin of The Gitlin Law Firm has been successfully assisting divorce and family law clients in Illinois for more than 25 years. All of the lawyers of The Gitlin Law Firm are seasoned divorce trial lawyers and collaboratively trained. And all are have been selected as Illinois Leading Lawyers.*
Preeminent Divorce Firm
The Gitlin Law Firm practices exclusively in the field of Family Law.
Family law, just as many other areas of law, involves its own statutes, case law, and procedural hurdles. By limiting their practice on divorce, custody and other family law matters, The Gitlin Law Firm develops an intimate knowledge in this field. With this knowledge and experience comes efficiency and a reputation for excellence among lawyers and judges.
Family Law Frequently Asked Questions
With over 25 years of experience, Gunnar J. Gitlin answers Family Law Questions. The Gitlin Law Firm wrote the book on Illinois divorce family law. The Gitlin Law Firm has compiled extensive FAQs to provide basic information about divorce and paternity in Illinois family law cases. We believe that educating clients and prospective clients about the basics of Illinois law can help the you effectively navigate the process of divorce. But keep in mind that these FAQs can only provide the most general overview and that addressing the individual circumstances is critical to helping you through this difficult transition.
Staying Up-to-Date and Educating Lawyers and Judges
The Gitlin Law Firm has an active, working knowledge of the most recent changes in the family law area. Gunnar Gitlin’s research and writing abilities enhance the ability to remain up-to-date on ever-changing laws. These Gitlin Law Firm publications are used by family law lawyers and judges throughout Illinois as part of their efforts to stay current.
Research and Publications
- Gitlin on Divorce: A Guide to Illinois Matrimonial Law
- Gitlin on Divorce: A Guide to Illinois Matrimonial Law is a three volume work that provides the legal community with a comprehensive survey of Illinois matrimonial law. Cited numerous times by Illinois Appellate Courts.
- Gitlin on Divorce Reports
- Gitlin on Divorce Reports bimonthly publications of recently decided family law cases with commentary are used as reference tools by other lawyers and judges.
- Gitlin’s Illinois Annotated Family Practice Desktop Code
- The Gitlin’s Illinois Annotated Family Practice Desktop Code contains the statutory subjects that are significant to the practice of domestic relations and family law, including full statute text and casenote annotations.
- Other Publications of The Gitlin Law Firm
Commitment to Clients
The Gitlin Law Firm uses their wealth of experience and knowledge to strongly advocate for their clients. Combining experience, knowledge, and strong advocacy, The Gitlin Law Firm can help you navigate the divorce process and reestablish your life.