While The Gitlin Law Firm’s main office is in Woodstock, we regularly handle cases in Lake County. The court house for Lake County is located in Waukegan, IL. The divorce courts are on the main building side of the courthouse. Prior to Covid-19, lawyers had to appear in court for routine court appearances. Currently, Lake County and the collar counties all provide our motion calls to be handled remotely. In Lake County this is done through Zoom. Click here for the attached sheet for instructions for Zoom access in Lake County.
The Gitlin Law Firm is experienced in representing clients in a high income or high-asset divorces. Individuals having high-value assets may include business interests, real estate holdings, complex trusts, international assets, and retirement accounts. Our attorneys are highly skilled in both valuing and classifying of high net worth marital estates. When necessary, we work with experts that specialize in appraisals of business and forensic accounting to ensure our clients’ interests are protected.
We offer a unique perspective for Lake County divorce. We are a preeminent divorce and family law firm, having written and annually updating our book: Gitlin on Divorce: A Guide to Illinois Family Law. The Gitlin Law Firm serves towns and villages in Lake County: This includes: Round Lake and Lake Beach, Volo, Grayslake, Ivanhoe, Wauconda, Lake Barrington, Lake Zurich, Hawthorn Woods, Long Grove, Libertyville, Vernon Hills, Long Grove, and Lincolnshire.
Lake County Local Links:
- Court Forms: https://www.lakecountycircuitclerk.org/court-forms
- General Information Regarding Lake County Divorce: https://www.lakecountycircuitclerk.org/divisions/civil-division/simplified-divorce
- Family Parenting Educational Program: https://19thcircuitcourt.state.il.us/1494/Family-Parenting
- Local Court Rules of the 19th Judicial Circuit: https://www.19thcircuitcourt.state.il.us/1254/Local-Court-Rules
- Local Court Rules for Family and Adoption Proceedings: https://www.19thcircuitcourt.state.il.us/1996/Chapter-4-Family-and-Adoption-Proceeding
- Family Division Information Notice
- Emergency Motion Standing Order Local Court Rule 4-3.15(B)
- Evaluation and Investigation Standing Order
- Final Trial Conference Standing Order.
- Standing Order: Motion Practice in Family Law Court
- Standing Order: Trial Calls (Local Court Rule 1-1.18).
- Illinois Standardized Forms for the Circuit Court: http://www.illinoiscourts.gov/Forms/approved/Circuit.asp
- Judges of the Lake County 19th Judicial Circuit: http://www.19thcircuitcourt.state.il.us/1480/Judges-of-Lake-County
- Remote Court Access: https://19thcircuitcourt.state.il.us/2163/Remote-Court-Hearings
- Docket Search: https://circuitclerk.lakecountyil.gov/publicAccess/html/common/courtCaseDetails.xhtml